An update of the schedules for residential and home care fees and charges, as well as subsidies and supplements will take effect from 1 July 2020. This is in line with changes to the age pension and indexation rates.
The new rates are now available on the department's website
The quarterly review of fees and charges conducted by Services Australia, for all care recipients will be effective from 1 July 2020. Care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to a person's fees and charges or if a refund may be due.
Schedule of fees and charges
View the updated Schedule of Fees and Charges for:
- residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- aged care home residents who started care before 1 July 2014.
Schedule of subsidies and supplements
View the updated Schedule of Subsidies and Supplements.
Indexation of residential aged care subsidy has been applied to the 1 July 2019 subsidy rates.
The additional temporary increase to subsidy, homeless and viability supplement paid under the Workforce Continuity Funding from 1 March 2020 remains payable until 31 August 2020.
Decrease to MPIR from 1 July 2020
The MPIR decreases from 4.89% to 4.10% for the period 1 July to 30 September 2020 for:
- refundable deposit balances and accommodation bond balances
- accommodation prices.
The Base Interest Rate remains unchanged at 2.25%.
Providers must ensure published accommodation prices are accurate and up to date on:
- the My Aged Care website. If you have any questions call My Aged Care on 1800 836 799.
- their own website including any relevant written materials.