How to protect yourself and the people you are caring for from infection with COVID–19
An online training module is available on infection control for care workers across all sectors in preparing for COVID–19.
An Infection Control Training Module, “How to protect yourself and the people you are caring for from infection with COVID–19" is available online. Please register to participate.
Providers are encouraged to consider and share the link with care workers across all sectors including health, aged care and disability.
This training module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control (IPC) for COVID–19 including:
- COVID–19 – what is it?
- Signs and symptoms
- Keeping safe – protecting yourself and others
- Myth busting
The module takes approximately 30 minutes, with a quiz at the end.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the basics about the COVID–19 virus, including how it is spread
- Describe what you can do to protect yourself and others
- Know what to do if you develop symptoms
- Know what to do if the person you are caring for develops symptoms
- Tell the difference between myths and facts of COVID–19
Further information about COVID–19 is available on the department’s website.