The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety identified the need to better equip aged care workers in the management of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia.
Residential aged care providers are encouraged to take part in a free dementia education program currently being delivered by NPS MedicineWise. The program is focused on personcentred care approaches and the role of psychotropic medicines in managing changed behaviours in people with dementia.
The program has been developed in partnership with peak bodies and key opinion leaders in the sector. The program supports:
- nurses and pharmacists working in residential aged care
- residential care providers to deliver safe, effective care and meet their regulatory requirements.
This free continuing professional development accredited program includes:
- access to high quality online learning and educational resources
- in-facility discussions with an NPS MedicineWise educational visitor
- ongoing support to help consolidate learnings throughout the program.
To find out more and register your interest visit the NPS MedicineWise website. Please note there are limited spaces available.