To get ready for IPA Phase 2 you should:
- make sure your claims are up to date with Services Australia:
- submit claims in sequential order (e.g. you must submit a claim for January before you claim for February)
- only one claim can be finalised per day
- submit $0 claims for those months you haven’t provided care to any care recipients
- reconcile the Commonwealth unspent amount for departed care recipients, and continue to report this to Services Australia
- make sure your systems and processes are in place to track and report the value of care and services delivered for each care recipient
- reconcile the Commonwealth portion of unspent funds you are currently holding for each care recipient as at 31 August 2021.
Providers who plan on closing old services must officially close these in NAPS and the Home Care Payment System.
The Government offers free accounting and business advisory services to all home care providers to help them review their operations and provide advice on business management and financial strategies.
For further information on IPA visit Improved payment arrangements for home care.