The Home Care Workforce Support Program will assist home and aged care providers to attract, train and retain approximately 13,000 new personal care workers, allied health assistants and enrolled nurses.
Applications are open via GrantConnect and will close 2:00pm, Friday 27 August 2021.
Activities under the program could include:
- screening candidates for suitability
- providing mentoring or support services and communities of practice to new workers
- promoting work placements for students undertaking aged care training
- upskilling existing staff to help them supervise students and new staff
- helping providers to attract and keep staff.
Nine grants are available via an open grants process, including:
- one for each state or territory (with NSW and ACT combined)
- two for regional and remote communities.
There are a range of eligible organisations who can apply for funding under this grant opportunity, including from the aged care, training and employment sectors. Joint (consortia) applications are also welcome.
All home care providers will benefit from this grant opportunity, even if they do not apply.
Further information about the grant opportunity is available on the GrantConnect website.