New Aged Care Payment System
The new Aged Care Payment System (ACPS) has now gone live, which means the online claiming channels including Aged Care Provider Portal (ACPP) and Aged Care Web Services are now open.
You may start lodging claims and submitting events such as ACFI, entry (including Palliative on entry), leave, and departures.
We encourage providers to use the range of resources about the new ACPS. These are available on the Services Australia Health Professional Education Resources page.
Care minutes targets
Providers can now view their care minutes targets in the My Aged Care Service and Support Portal.
For each of their facilities, providers can see:
- the total average care minutes target that needs to be delivered by a combination of registered nurses, enrolled nurses and personnel care workers per resident per day; and
- the average registered nurse care minutes target that needs to be delivered by registered nurses per resident per day. This is included as part of the total average care minutes.
Understanding your care minutes targets is important as it will inform your staff planning as you transition to the new funding model from 1 October 2022 (mandatory from 1 October 2023). It will also be important for the Quarterly Financial Reports, which feed into the Star Rating system from December 2022.
For more information see Section 9 of the My Aged Care Service and Support Portal User Guide and the fact sheet on How to calculate care minutes targets.
These programs can assist providers to meet workforce planning objectives and care minute targets.
- Workforce Advisory Service – free, independent and confidential advice on workforce planning.
- Aged Care Registered Nurses’ Payment – for registered nurses working for the same aged care employer for 6 or 12 months.
- Aged Care Nursing and Allied Health Dementia Care Scholarships – funding for scholarship opportunities.
- Aged Care Transition to Practice Program – mentoring, training and support for new aged care nurses.
- Job Trainer and Fee-Free TAFE – free or low-fee vocational courses in aged care related qualifications.