Indexation of aged care subsidies and supplements
A number of aged care subsidies and supplements will be indexed from 1 July 2022.
- Indexation increases are expected to deliver an additional $370 million to aged care providers in 2022‑23.
- This indexation change, along with the introduction of the Australian National Aged Care Classification funding tool from 1 October 2022, and associated funding uplifts, will mean that the average Government funding per full time recipient of residential care is expected to be over $85,000 in 2022-23 – an increase of nearly 10 per cent per resident compared with funding levels in 2021-22.
View the updated Schedule of fees and charges for:
- Residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- Residential and home care recipients who started care before 1 July 2014
View the updated Schedule of subsidies and supplements.
Services Australia’s quarterly review of residential and home care fees will take effect from 1 July 2022. This process enables care recipients’ fees to be set to align with any changes in their financial circumstances.
Care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to fees or if a refund may be due.
The quarterly review will be run on the weekend of 2-3 July 2022. The online claiming system for Home Care will be unavailable from 8pm Friday 1 July until 8am Monday 4 July 2022 as quarterly review tasks are undertaken.
Change to Maximum Permissible Interest Rate (MPIR) from 1 July 2022
The MPIR will increase to 5.00% for the period from 1 July to 30 September 2022 for calculating:
- accommodation prices
- interest on refunds of accommodation lump sum balances
What you need to do
Providers must ensure accommodation prices are up-to-date on their own website and printed materials, and that the prices listed on the My Aged Care website are also correct and up-to-date. For questions or help updating My Aged Care profiles, please contact the service desk on 1800 836 799.