View the updated Schedules for:
- Residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- Residential and home care recipients who started care before 1 July 2014
Services Australia’s Quarterly Review of residential and home care fees will take effect from 1 January 2022. Aged care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to a care recipient’s fees and charges or if a refund may be due.
Increase to MPIR from 1 January 2022
The maximum permissible interest rate (MPIR) will increase to 4.04% for the period from 1 January to 31 March 2022 for calculating:
- accommodation prices
- interest on refunds of accommodation lump sum balances.
View current and past rates of the MPIR.
What you need to do
Residential care providers must ensure:
- their published accommodation prices on the My Aged Care website are up to date. If you have any questions call the My Aged Care service desk on
1800 836 799
- the accommodation prices published on their own website and in relevant written materials are up to date.