The COVID-19 Aged Care Support Program Extension Grant reimburses providers for additional eligible costs incurred in managing a direct impact of COVID‑19.
The grant has now been extended to 30 June 2022. Amendments to the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and updated Frequently Asked Questions, published on GrantConnect, outline a range of increased supports for providers.
- Extending the closing date for applications to 30 June 2022 and increasing the total grant funding available to $108.1 million.
- For impact periods that include or commence after 1 December 2021, the cost of purchasing Rapid Antigen Tests prior to, but used within, an eligible impact period is eligible for the grant.
- For impact periods that include or commence after 1 December 2021, the cost of purchasing PPE prior to, but used within, an eligible impact period is eligible for the grant.
- For impact periods that include or commence after 1 December 2021 onward, the cost of accommodation and travel for usual employees of a service to support them to continue working in an outbreak environment are eligible for the grant.
An impact period is the period between the Trigger Date and End Date for the impacted service. The Trigger Date is the date on which the first resident, client or staff member is tested for COVID-19 and has to isolate as a result. The End Date is the date on which direct COVID-19 impacts are resolved i.e. there are no infected or isolated residents, clients or staff.
Approved Residential Aged Care, National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP) and Home Care Package providers are eligible to apply if they have:
- one or more residents, clients or staff members who have had a COVID-19 test and been required to isolate as result (regardless of whether the result is positive or negative)
- incurred eligible expenses during that period of isolation (from the date of an associated COVID-19 test until the period of isolation ends) between 28 May 2021 and 30 June 2022.
For more information please see the Grant Opportunity Guidelines (Grant Opportunity – GO4863) and regularly updated responses to frequently asked questions available on GrantConnect.