The Minister for Aged Care and Senior Australians Richard Colbeck, announced today that thousands of new aged care places will be made available for allocation to approved providers in 2020.
The 2020 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR) will offer:
- 10,000 residential aged care places
- 750 short-term restorative care places
- up to $60 million in capital grants for residential aged care.
The application period will open in March 2020 and close in May 2020.
Stakeholder consultation begins today to help identify unmet needs for residential aged care, part of the planning process for this ACAR.
Invitation to take part in stakeholder consultation
A short survey is now open on the Consultation Hub. The survey closes on Friday, 31 January 2020.
Your views are important. They help the department better understand unmet needs at a local level for:
- specific geographic locations
- special needs groups
- other key issues.
Further information on the:
- survey is available on the Consultation Hub.
- 2020 ACAR is available on the department's website.