Ged Kearney is the Federal Member for Cooper. Ged has served in the parliament since March 2018, when she was elected in a by-election. She is the first woman to hold the seat.
Ged is the Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care.
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- Thanks to the generosity of 513 donors, and their families who said yes to donation, 1,396 Australians received a life-saving organ transplant in 2023.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop at Parliament House on Australian donation and transplantation activity.
- The Australian Government today launched the Stronger Medicare Awards, to honour those who have made a significant contribution to Australia’s primary care sector.
- The Australian Government is opening a specialised Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinic in Bardon in Brisbane, providing women with expert, multidisciplinary care and a one-stop option for diagnosis, intervention, and treatment.
- Read Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop on a new specialised endometriosis and pelvic pain GP clinic in Bardon
- Read the transcript from Assistant Minister Kearney's interview on online health services and voluntary assisted dying laws.
- Applications are now open for community initiatives to promote organ and tissue donation within Cultural and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities, multicultural and faith groups.
Radio interview with Assistant Minister Kearney and Ali Moore, ABC Melbourne Drive - 2 February 2024Read the transcript from Assistant Minister Kearney's interview on ABC Drive Melbourne on bulb billing and Medicare
- The Albanese Labor Government has opened a specialised Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinic in Epping, Victoria, providing women with a one-stop option for diagnosis, intervention and treatment.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Ged Kearney's doorstop at a specialised Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinic in Epping