Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- The new Support at Home Program will be delivered in two stages to minimise disruption and ensure continuity of care for older people.
- The Australian Government today announces the three-year appointment of four Directors to the Australian Sports Foundation Board.
- The Australian Government is providing more than $27 million in grant funding for innovative approaches to respite care for older Australians living with dementia and their carers.
- The Albanese Government is investing $135 million in infrastructure grants to support aged care providers operating in rural and remote areas.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' speech to the Australian Sports Commission's World Class to World Best conference.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' speech to the Aged and Community Care Providers Association.
- The Australian Government is providing $318 million to continue COVID-19 support for residential aged care homes.
- The Australian Government has today launched a design ideas competition to test the draft National Aged Care Design Principles and Guidelines, developed to help aged care homes better meet the needs of residents.
- From today, aged care homes must deliver a sector average of 200 care minutes per resident per day, including 40 minutes of registered nurse care.
- Australia and France continue to strengthen their positive and longstanding relationship, with the signing of a new Declaration of Intent to increase sporting cooperation.