Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- Grant guidelines for the Australian Government’s $200 million Play Our Way program are now available, so applicants can begin preparing their submissions ahead of the grant round officially opening next month.
- The Australian Government, through PacificAus Sports, will partner with the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) to support more than 250 athletes from 13 Pacific nations as they prepare for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The Australian Government has agreed to extend the consultation period on a new rights-based Aged Care Act by 3 weeks to 8 March 2024.
- The Australian Government has launched a major initiative to ensure First Responders have the specialised skills required to help people with dementia in emergency situations.
- The Albanese Government is pleased to announce the new membership of the National Aged Care Advisory Council.
- From playground to podium, Australians have the right to be safe while participating in sport.
- A year on from its introduction, Aged Care Star Ratings has revealed a significant improvement in the quality of aged care homes across Australia.
- The Australian Government is pleased to announce a new term for the Aged Care Council of Elders.
- The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to Brisbane Northsiders, with the Northside Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) opening from 15 December 2023 on the corner of Gympie and Brookfield Roads.
- The Australian Government is asking for feedback on the exposure draft of the new Aged Care Act – a-once-in-a-generation reform that will put older people at the centre of the aged care system.