You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Netball is an intrinsic part of Australian sport and that is why the Australian Government already provides almost $4m in annual funding to support the Diamonds and participation initiatives.
- The new Support at Home Program will be delivered in two stages to minimise disruption and ensure continuity of care for older people.
- The Australian Government today announces the three-year appointment of four Directors to the Australian Sports Foundation Board.
- The Australian Government is providing more than $27 million in grant funding for innovative approaches to respite care for older Australians living with dementia and their carers.
- The Albanese Government is investing $135 million in infrastructure grants to support aged care providers operating in rural and remote areas.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' speech to the Australian Sports Commission's World Class to World Best conference.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' speech to the Aged and Community Care Providers Association.
- The Australian Government is providing $318 million to continue COVID-19 support for residential aged care homes.
- The Australian Government has today launched a design ideas competition to test the draft National Aged Care Design Principles and Guidelines, developed to help aged care homes better meet the needs of residents.
- From today, aged care homes must deliver a sector average of 200 care minutes per resident per day, including 40 minutes of registered nurse care.
- Australia and France continue to strengthen their positive and longstanding relationship, with the signing of a new Declaration of Intent to increase sporting cooperation.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells's interview about her official visit to France, global sport, FIFA World Cup, and Rugby World Cup.
Minister for Aged Care and Sport – interview on Associated Press Television Network – 20 September 2023Read the transcript of Minister Wells's interview about Brisbane Olympics/Paralympics, Commonwealth Games, gender equity, and the FIFA World Cup bid.
- The Albanese Government is seeking feedback on the draft National Aged Care Design Principles and Guidelines.
- The Australian Government has appointed former elite swimmer and international sports law expert, Dr Michelle Gallen, as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Sports Tribunal.
- The Albanese Government is ensuring older Australians have tasty and nutritious food in aged care thanks to a free training program for aged care cooks and chefs.
- The Albanese Government is investing more than $2 million in the national rollout of AusBike so more children can enjoy the mental and physical health benefits of outdoor exercise.
- The Albanese Government has provided almost half a million dollars to boost the program that uncovered Paralympic champions like Rowan Crothers and Paige Greco.
- Several organisations, including Gymnastics Australia, have been declared participating institutions under the National Redress Scheme.
- The Albanese Government is proud to announce one of Australia’s biggest comprehensive investments in women’s sports, with funding and reforms to help more women play sport, and ensure more Australians are able to cheer on our phenomenal sports stars on free-to-air television.
- The Albanese Government is delivering on its commitment to put nurses back into nursing homes.
- Australians now have a simple and efficient way to report food concerns in aged care, with the launch of a dedicated Food, Nutrition and Dining Unit hotline at the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
- I welcome Mr David Tune’s independent Capability Review of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. The full report is now available on the Department of Health and Aged Care’s website.
- 2,000 older people in Australia will now be able to access the Transition Care Programme (TCP) over the next two years, with the Albanese Government today announcing a $40 million investment to extend current temporary TCP places beyond 30 June 2023.
- Read the transcript of the Minister Wells' interview with David Speers about the Aged Care Taskforce, workforce and labour agreements.