Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- The Albanese Government is supporting specialist training for First Nations doctors and medical students with the Australian Indigenous Doctors Association (AIDA) receiving a $900,000 funding boost.
- The Albanese Government is delivering on its commitment to Darwin and Alice Springs residents with the opening of two Medicare Urgent Care Clinics (UCC).
Minister for Health and Aged Care and Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health – press conference in Alice Springs – 20 September 2023Read the transcript of Minister Butler's and Senator McCarthy's press conference in Alice Springs about the opening of two Medicare Urgent Care Clinics in the Northern Territory, investment in central Australia, and Voice to Parliament.
- Delivering on the Albanese Government’s election commitment, CareFlight has received $19.95 million to increase lifesaving aeromedical services in the Top End with a second rescue helicopter and aeromedical jet.
Minister for Health and Aged Care and Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health – press conference in Darwin – 19 September 2023Read the transcript of Minister Butler's and Senator Malarndirri McCarthy's press conference in Darwin about a new helicopter and jet for CareFlight.
- The expansion of a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) screening program will be explored in partnership with community organisations as part of a new National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) project.
- Eight grants totaling over $840,000 have been awarded to increase equity for people in population groups with poorer cancer outcomes.
- The Glen for Women, a rehabilitation centre on the Central Coast of New South Wales offering holistic addiction treatment for First Nations women, will officially open with a ceremony today.
- The Albanese Government has brought together health experts to discuss the unique challenges facing the health workforce across the Northern Territory.
- The Australian Government has new funding agreements with states and the Northern Territory to put hundreds more doctors into regional, rural and remote locations.