An overarching issue to be resolved if the Framework is to be implemented successfully is the role and function of the Australian Government (and its relevant Departments/Agencies) State and Territory Governments (and relevant Departments/Agencies) and the not-for-profit sector.
There were a number of high level issues raised during consultations that are relevant to the implementation of the Framework. These included:
- Facilitation of timely access to existing therapeutic resources (and identify linkages with universal services, e.g. education).
- Integration with the National Framework and the related documents to ensure consistency across jurisdictions.
- Funding available for effective continuity and coordination of care.
- Workforce resource requirements for effective provision of services in non-metropolitan settings and coordination in all settings.
- Support services for rural and remote communities including the use of technology such as telemedicine (eg training or Telehealth support or provision of outreach services).
- Implementation should support a renewed focus on improving consistency across jurisdictions.