The Department of Health and Ageing would like to thank the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), particularly the Indigenous Determinants and Outcomes Unit, for their work on preparing the statistics for this report. We would also like to thank Health Policy Analysis Pty Ltd for their work in writing the report. The Australian Government would like to thank these organisations, with particular thanks to Indrani Pieris-Caldwell (AIHW), John Shelton Agar (AIHW), Nancy Stace-Winkles (AIHW), Michelle Gourley (AIHW), Jim Pearse (Health Policy Analysis Pty Ltd) and Deniza Mazevska (Health Policy Analysis Pty Ltd).
The Australian Government, in consultation with the AIHW and Health Policy Analysis Pty Ltd, worked closely with the HPF 2010 Report Steering Committee, with membership as follows:
- Kenneth Wyatt (former WA Health)
- Haylene Grogan (Queensland Health)
- Carmen Parter (NSW Health);
- April Lawrie-Smith (SA Health); and
- Fadwa Al-Yaman (AIHW).
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Officials Network
- National Advisory Group on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Information and Data
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, in particular the National Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Statistics, the Health and Vitals Statistics, and the Consultancy and Training Services for preparation of specialised tables and technical support.
- Individuals with expertise in particular topics from various organisations who reviewed draft material and participated in workshops associated with the development of the 2010 Report.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who participated in workshops associated with the development and enhancement of the measure of community functioning, particularly Professor Shane Houston.