How to apply for the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) Program
The AGPT Program trains medical registrars to become general practitioners (GPs). Find out about eligibility, the different pathways, training organisations and how to apply.
Applications for 2022 will be opening soon:
- Applications open 10 am (AEDT) Monday 22 March 2021.
- Applications close 11:59 pm (AEST) Tuesday 20 April 2021.
To stay up to date, register your interest now with the:
The application process
- check whether you’re eligible
- choose your pathway – rural or general
- choose which fellowship you want to achieve – ACRRM (rural pathway only) or RACGP (rural or general) or both
- choose your Regional Training Organisation based on your training needs and the state or territory you want to train in
- apply to the college of your choice.