2020 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR)
The 2020 ACAR is now closed for applications.
The 2020 ACAR Invitation to Apply has closed. The application period ran from 18 December 2020 to 18 March 2021. We expect results will be announced from June 2021.
Find out about changes to residential care from 1 July 2024.
What was made available
Existing and prospective aged care approved providers applied for a share in:
- 2,000 residential care places – noting applicants that could demonstrate they could deliver care immediately ('bed-ready') or within an 18 month period will be prioritised before longer term proposals
- 1,028 short-term restorative care places (STRC)
- up to $150 million in capital grants for residential care.
- 2020 ACAR – Residential care places map
- Data snapshots highlighting aged care provision in each SA3
- Rural, Regional and Other Special Needs Building Fund Capital Funding Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Short-Term Restorative Care Programme Manual
- Determination Instrument