2020 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR)
This ACAR opens in March 2020. We are consulting with stakeholders to help us work out what aged care needs we should target. Find out how to provide feedback and what’s on offer in the 2020 ACAR.
The 2020 ACAR round will open in March 2020 and close in May 2020.
We started consulting stakeholders on 18 December 2019 to help us work out:
- where there are unmet needs for residential aged care
- the types of people whose needs we should target in the 2020 ACAR
The stakeholders we invited to take part include:
- national peak aged care organisations
- Aged Care Assessment Teams
- Primary Health Networks
- local councils
- consumer groups
- approved providers
Stakeholder consultation closed on 31 January 2020.
What you can apply for
The 2020 ACAR will offer:
- 10,000 residential aged care places
- 750 short-term restorative care places
- up to $60 million in capital grants for residential aged care
How to apply
In March 2020, we will publish:
- an Invitation to Apply in major metropolitan and regional newspapers and other press and media outlets
- application forms, guidance material and other resources
For who can apply and more about ACARs, read Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR).
Get a head start
To prepare for the 2020 ACAR, you may find it useful to review our guidance documents for the 2018–19 ACAR.