This is our new Health website
We have moved content for this topic from the old site to here. Please have a look and update your bookmarks and links if you have any.
This supplement is for residential aged care providers.
What is the supplement?
The transitional supplement is paid to providers with pre-2008 reform residents who either:
- were residents in an aged care home on 30 September 1997, and have remained in the same home
- entered the home after 30 September 1997 but before it was certified, and have remained in the same home
View the current supplement rate in the Schedule of Subsidies and Supplements.
Eligible residents were residents in an aged care home on 30 September 1997 and both of the following apply:
- They continued to receive residential care from the service after 30 September 1997.
- They have been classified under Part 2.4 of the Aged Care Act 1997.
An aged care home resident is also eligible if they are not receiving respite care and both of the following apply:
- They are not a post-2008 reform resident.
- They entered the service after 30 September 1997 and the service was not certified on the day they entered it.
Residents are not eligible for this supplement if they entered the residential care service after 17 October 2014.
How to apply
You do not need to apply.
Services Australia automatically pays this supplement for eligible care recipients.