Before you travel
It is important you find out about the restrictions and conditions for the place you are travelling to. You should do this before booking or leaving your home.
The Australian aviation industry has developed Domestic Passenger Journey Protocols. The protocols provide guidance on how to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in domestic airports and on aircraft.
State and territory travel restrictions
States and territories can apply their own travel restrictions, such as:
- closing state borders and restricting travel into, and out of, their state
- restricting travel into, and out of, areas within their state
- requiring people who have travelled to and from some areas to quarantine.
Read more about current state or territory travel restrictions.
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Norfolk Island
- Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Remote area restrictions
Some remote communities may still be restricting who can enter and leave the community. Check with your local state or territory health department.