If you're considering cosmetic surgery, it’s important to do your research using sources you can trust to help you make an informed decision.
Reliable sources of information include your GP, government health websites, and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Unreliable sources of information can put your health at risk. Sources like social media and online patient reviews are not always factual or trustworthy.
Here are some key questions to ask your medical practitioner as part of your research.
- What are your qualifications and how many times have you performed this procedure?
- Where will the procedure be performed and is that facility licensed?
- What are the risks and possible complications of this procedure?
- What care will I need after the procedure?
- Who do I call if something goes wrong?
For more information visit health.gov.au/cosmeticsurgery