Intergovernmental Agreement on Federal Financial Relations
Council of Australian Governments
An agreement between
- the Commonwealth of Australia and
- the States and Territories, being:
- the State of New South Wales;
- the State of Victoria;
- the State of Queensland;
- the State of Western Australia;
- the State of South Australia;
- the State of Tasmania;
- the Australian Capital Territory; and
- the Northern Territory of Australia.
This Agreement implements a new framework for federal financial relations which will provide a robust foundation for collaboration on policy development and service delivery and facilitate the implementation of economic and social reforms in areas of national importance.