Concept of Operations: Relating to the introduction of a Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record System
6.4.8 Repository Access Layer
PurposeThe purpose of the repository access layer is to help coordinate national infrastructure access to the national repositories service and other conformant repositories.
- Repository registration management.
- Distributed repository retrieval and update services.
- Data quality review and integrity check services.
- Record retention and archival services.
- Repository monitoring.
Related Standards and Specifications
- IHE Cross Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS.b) [IHE2010a] or HL7 Retrieve, Locate and Update Service (RLUS) [HL72010a] (recommended).