Concept of Operations: Relating to the introduction of a Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record System
D.1 IntroductionThe following scenario is intended to illustrate how the PCEHR System can be used, to highlight the benefits and identify key questions for consultation.
Some of the key features demonstrated by this scenario include:
- How a healthcare provider can gain access to a PCEHR (see Scene 1).
- The type of information a healthcare provider can access (see Scene 1).
- Access to records by the individual (see Scene 3).
The benefits illustrated in this scenario include:
- How access to prior information streamlines the collection of an individual’s medical history (see Scene 1).
- How the PCEHR facilitates better continuity of care (see Scenes 2 and 4).
- How the PCEHR facilitates improved consumer participation in their healthcare (see Scene 3).
Note that this is a simple scenario intended to highlight some of the basic features of the PCEHR System. Some of the more complex features around access control settings are not illustrated in this scenario.