WA Cervical Cytology Registry (CCR) Protocol of Actions for Follow-up and Reminder Letters
|Cytology Report||Result of current smear||Age||History1||Communication to practitioner||Communication to woman|
No known history OR
Normal history within last 36 months OR
LSIL3 within last 36 months followed by a normal Pap smear at least 6 months after the LSIL3 and at least 6 months before the current normal smear
|N/A||Contact at 27 months|
|N/A||Abnormal history within last 36 months,excluding LSIL3 followed by a normal Pap smear at least 6 months after the LSIL3 and at least 6 months before the current normal smear||N/A||Contact at 27 months|
|Unsatisfactory||N/A||N/A||Contact at 6 months||Contact at 9 months|
|Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL), including possible LSIL||≥ 30 yrs2||No known history within last 36 months||Contact at 9 months||Contact at 12 months|
|< 30 yrs2||No known history within the last 36 months||Contact at 18 months||Contact at 24 months|
|N/A||Any cytological abnormality without any subsequent histology result within the last 36 months||Contact at 9 months||Contact at 12 months|
|Prior negative cytology or with abnormality that has been confirmed histologically within the last 36 months||Contact at 18 months||Contact at 24 months|
|High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (HSIL), & all glandular cell abnormalities4||N/A||N/A||Contact at 6 months||
Contact at 9 months
2nd Contact at 12 months (registered)
|Malignant 5||N/A||N/A||Contact at 4 months||
Contact at 6 months
2nd Contact at 9n months (registered)
|Histology Report||Result of biopsy||Age||History1||Communication to practitioner||Communication to woman|
|Unsatisfactory, Normal or Low-grade abnormality||N/A||N/A||Contact at 18 months||Contact at 24 months|
|High-grade abnormality or Malignant||N/A||N/A||Contact at 12 months||Contact at 18 months|
1. Excludes all non-cervical abnormalities.
2. At time of letter.
3. Includes LSIL smear, LSIL biopsy, or Normal biopsy.
4. Includes possible HSIL, HSIL, HSIL with features suggestive of an invasive component, atypical endocervical cells of uncertain significance, atypical endometrial cells of uncertain significance, atypical glandular cells of uncertain significance – site unknown, possible AIS, AIS and AIS with features suggestive of invasion.
5. Includes squamous carcinoma, endocervical adenocarcinoma and other/non-cervical malignancies.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.
Page currency, Latest update: 01 March, 2012