These selection criteria should be read in conjunction with the stated eligibility requirements (Section 2), in particular the Mandatory Project Requirements.
Purpose of project
- Does this project expand current clinical training capacity?
- What is the expected increase in training numbers/hours?
- In what training years will this expansion occur?
- How many students are expected to benefit from this project?
- Is this expansion necessary to ensure that entry level professional health students have access to necessary clinical training?
- What are the consequences of not proceeding with this project?
2. Collaboration and project partners
- How will the lead organisation work with partners to achieve the stated outcomes?
- How will the delivery and scope of the project be assisted by funding or support from other sources?
- Does the application demonstrate that key project partners are prepared to share some of the costs as well as the benefits?
- Does the application provide evidence of an appropriate and ongoing relationship between teaching and training providers?
3. Innovation in delivery of clincial teaching and training
- Will the project enable innovation in the delivery of clinical teaching or training?
- Will the project facilitate ongoing workforce change and innovation?
- What is the benefit of conducting teaching or training in this manner?
- Will the project provide clinical training placements in non traditional training settings?
- Is this a new model of clinical training activity?
- What is the benefit (for the student and the supervisor) in the provision of training in this manner?
4. Impact on current clinical training placements.
- Are current clinical training placements experiencing excess demand?
- Are current placements able to appropriately address curriculum requirements and student numbers?
- Will current providers of clinical training continue to be involved?
- Will this role be reduced / modified?
- Will this enable current practices to take on students from other disciplines?
- Will this enable current practices
5. Educational imperatives
- Will this project provide training that is appropriate to the curriculum?
- Is the training integral to the completion of education?
- Is the focus of the placement to provide additional workforce support or for the provision of clinical training required for the entry level professional health qualification?
6. Relevance to future health workforce requirements
- Does this project support growth in demonstrated areas of workforce shortage?
- How does the project address the necessity for health service delivery in the short and medium term?
- Will this project support entry level professional health students, trainees, educators or professionals from more than one health discipline?
- Will the project, once completed, foster interdisciplinary learning?
7. Value for money
- How does this project demonstrate value for money in the provision of clinical teaching and training?
8. Sustainability of the project
- Has the application addressed key sustainability issues?
- Is the project achievable within the timeframe and available funding?
- Does the application demonstrate that the project will have long term application?
- Does the project demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the provision of high quality clinical training?
- How will the facilities be maintained in the long term?
9. Demonstrated ability to deliver projects
- Does the application provide evidence of an ability to carry out projects within agreed budgets and timeframes, as well as an ability to meet all accountability and audit requirements?