The Commonwealth will provide funding to a national administrator for the OHTGYP. Consortium or partnership arrangements that would support the establishment of OHTGYP placements across different areas or clinical settings could also be supported.
The administrator will be responsible for establishing and administering the OHTGYP in accordance with these guidelines, the OHTGYP curriculum and the funding agreement between the administrator and the Commonwealth. The Funding Agreement will specify requirements and the total funding paid to the administrator which can be used for administrative purposes.
The appointed administrator will enter into separate, direct agreements with participating service providers that would also outline expectations and requirements for services providing OHTGYP placements.
The administrator is responsible for determining priority areas for dental services. Priorities may vary dependent on the needs and/or opportunities in particular areas which may be influenced by factors such as existing resources, locations, settings and population groups.
A Selection Advisory Group (SAG) will be established by the administrator to assess and rank applications for OHT graduate placements and infrastructure projects. Expert groups may be established by the administrator to assist in priority setting and selection processes if required.
The administrator will be required to ensure there is consistency and equity in the processes used to select OHT graduates and infrastructure projects.
The processes used by the administrator must align with the roles and responsibilities (outlined in Section 7) and the eligibility and selection criteria (outlined in Section 8) whilst enabling the administrator to target priority areas, as applicable.
The Governance arrangements will be established through several selection processes and formal agreements, consisting of:
- an open Invitation to Apply for the administration of the program, conducted by the Department of Health and Ageing to select the administrator;
- a Funding Agreement between the Commonwealth and the selected administrator outlining the requirements and funding;
- a selection process conducted by the administrator to select services to provide OHTGYP placements and appropriate infrastructure projects proposed by the service providers to support the placement;
- an agreement between the administrator and the service providers outlining the requirements and funding;
- a selection process conducted by the administrator to select OHT graduates to participate in the program, based on the number of placements to be funded specified in the agreement with the Commonwealth;
- agreements between participating OHT graduates and the administrator outlining requirements and responsibilities;
- a selection process conducted by the service providers to select appropriate mentors;
- agreements between the mentors and the service providers outlining requirements and responsibilities;
- a Project Implementation Plan and Risk Management Plan will be required along with regular progress reports to the Department on a six monthly basis to provide updates on implementation of the program including:
- whether the outcomes and objectives of the project are being met to the date of the progress report;
- information about what progress or achievements have been made in the performance of the as proposed in the project implementation plan;
- what difficulties (if any) have been experienced in performing the project and action proposed or undertaken to overcome these difficulties; and any consequent revisions required to the risk management plan;
- where applicable, an explanation as to why any of the outcomes and objectives of the project were not achieved and recommendation as to how they could be achieved in the future;
- an update of graduate progress in achieving the requirements of the OHTGYP curriculum; and
- itemised statement of income and expenditure.
- an infrastructure report to the Department on recommendations of appropriate infrastructure projects to be supported by the OHTGYP, including
- name and address of the requesting service provider;
- whether the dentals service is in the public or private sector and the type of setting;
- what the dental service has requested regarding infrastructure; and
- the budget requested.