This National Hepatitis B Strategy 2010–2013 has five priority action areas:
- building partnerships and strengthening community action
- preventing hepatitis B transmission
- optimising diagnosis and screening
- clinical management of people with chronic hepatitis B
- developing health maintenance, care and support for people with hepatitis B.
Stigma and discrimination continue to be unfortunate responses to BBVs. Many interventions supported by this strategy seek to directly or indirectly lessen the effects of stigma and discrimination. This includes gathering evidence on these issues as they relate to hepatitis B to better inform a nationally coordinated response.