- Effective comprehensive primary health care, including population health services and programs.
- Enhanced provision of comprehensive primary health care through increased coordination and the establishment of partnerships and collaborative linkages between Aboriginal community controlled health services and general (mainstream) services.
- General (mainstream) services that are better equipped to be responsive to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Mainstream health planning processes that take account of priorities identified under Framework Agreement planning processes.
- Increased participation in planning and managing health services by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Movement towards funding on the basis of need.
Reporting against these action items will largely occur through qualitative reporting against this Implementation Plan and quantitative reporting through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework, with the exception of action 16 which may also be drawn from Divisions of General Practice Reporting. This KRA contains actions that align with the OID Framework’s “early child development and growth (prenatal to age 3)” strategic area for action.