To accompany the National Standards for Mental Health Services there are three implementation guideline documents that provide more detail to inform the implementation of the standards.
The implementation guides provide clear directions for mental health services on how the criteria of the standards apply to different services.
The three guideline documents are aimed at the following service sector groups:
- public mental health services and private hospitals
- community (non government) organisations
- private office based mental health services
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
An electronic copy of the implementation guideline documents can be found on the Mental Health Standing Committee website (www.health.gov.au/mhsc). These are available for downloading from this website.