The governance structure below shows the key National Mental Health Working Group subcommittees driving national safety and quality improvement initiatives in mental health services. The diagram describes the reporting lines and relationships of the main bodies responsible for leading safety and quality improvement nationally, including the directions in the Plan. Other national groups such as the National Advisory Council on Suicide Prevention and the Pharmaceutical Health and Rational Use of Medicines Committee are also important to national safety and quality improvement in mental health, as are other subcommittees of the National Mental Health Working Group not illustrated here.
Text version of governance structureAt the top of this structure chart is the Australian Health Ministers' Conference.
Below Australian Health Ministers' Conference are:
- Australian Health Ministers' Advisory Council
- Australian Council for Safety and Quality in Health Care
Below National Mental Health Working Group are:
- Safety and Quality Partnership Group
- Information Strategy Committee
- National Practice Standards Implementation Advisory Group