The primary target audience for the Plan is:
- Public and private mental health services: mental health service managers; providers; professionals; and other staff 2
- Mental health consumers and their carers and families
- Mental health policy makers and
- Mental health advocates.
The secondary audience reflects sectors other than mental health services, where there is an opportunity to influence policies and protocols, processes or to improve working relationships. These secondary audiences include:
- Acute health care services more broadly than acute mental health care, particularly rural acute health care services
- Emergency primary care services including emergency departments
- Emergency services: ambulances, police, air services, and other transport providers
- Primary health care services including general practitioners and allied health services
- Health professionals and health policy makers working in the area of safety and quality
- Non-government organisations providing support services to people experiencing mental illness and mental disorders and
- Other service sectors, such as drug and alcohol, housing, disability and community services.
2 This audience is intended to be inclusive of specialist public mental health services in all settings, (adult services, child and adolescent services, older persons services and other services) and private hospital mental health services, and where applicable private office-based psychiatry. Public specialised mental health services is inclusive of acute and community health services.