Since its original publication, the National Mental Health Report has focused on building a long term picture of mental health reform in Australia. It has done this by presenting summary information on system‑level indicators of reform that track changes in the mix of services along with the financial and human resources that underpin those services. Part 2 continues that tradition by adding the most recently available data in five key areas, namely:
- National spending on mental health
- National workforce trends
- Trends in public sector mental health services
- Trends in private sector mental health services and
- Consumer and carer participation in mental health care.