COAG Mental Health Early Intervention Measure - Early Childhood Component: Study to Scope Potential Service Delivery
3. Project objectives
The purpose of this research is to inform government about issues facing practitioners in the early childhood non-school sector as they support children and families in relation to emotional and social health. The overarching goal of the project is to build the capacity of early childhood practitioners to understand and respond to mental health issues.
Accordingly, this scoping study aims to:
- Identify and describe a sample range of services in the Australian non-government early childhood sector within mainstream and Indigenous children's services
- Provide an overview of issues facing the sector
- Identify barriers to early childhood services supporting children and families with potential or existing mental health issues
- Identify adjustments that might be made to enable most effective provision and support
- Identify examples of quality practice models and resources.