- Kishimoto TK, Viswanathan K, Ganguly T et al. Contaminated Heparin Associated with Adverse Clinical Events and A\activation of the Contact System. N Engl J Med, 2008, 10.1056/NEJMOA0803200
- Geerts WH, Pineo GF, Heit JA, Bergqvist D et al. Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism. The Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy. Chest, 2004; 126:338S-400S.
- Kearon C, Ginsberg JS, Julian JA, Douketis J et al. Comparison of Fixed-Dose Weight- Adjusted Unfractionated Heparin and Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin for Acute Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism. JAMA 2006; 296: 935-42.
- Prandoni P et al. Subcutaneous Adjusted-Dose Unfractionated Heparin vs Fixed-Dose Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin in the Initial Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism. Arch Internal Med 2004; 164: 1077-83.
- Phillips SM, Gallagher M, Buchan H. Use graduated compression stockings postoperatively to prevent deep vein thrombosis. Br Med J 2008; 336: 943-4.
- Amaragiri SV, Lees TA. Elastic compression stockings for prevention of deep vein thrombosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000;(3):CD001484.
- Pineo GF. Prevention of venous thromboembolic disease :In UpToDate, January 2008
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Guidelines Working Group. Guidelines for the management of acute coronary syndromes 2006. Med J Aust, 2006; 184 (8 Suppl): S1-S32
- Deitelzweig SB, McKean SC, Amin AN et al. Prevention of venous thromboembolism in the orthopedic surgery patient. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, 2008. Vol 75,S3.
- Consensus view of the AHPC group based on peer reviewed literature and expert clinical opinion.
- Gates S, Brocklehurst P, Davis LJ. Prophylaxis for venous thromboembolic disease in pregnancy and the early postnatal period. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 2002; (2):CD001689.
- Bates SM, Greer IA, Hirsh J, Ginsberg JS. Use of Antithrombotic Agents During Pregnancy. The Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy. Chest, 2004;126:627S-644S.
This publication is available as a downloadable document.