This document addresses some of the issues for males regarding work and their health. It does this by considering the health needs of males and the role of workplaces in promoting good health.
What’s in this document?1This document first looks at various issues to do with male health in the workplace:
- Employment and male health
- Optimal health outcomes for males, and
- Equity between groups of males
- Government action – policies and initiatives, and
- Community action – working together.
1Most of the discussion refers to ‘males’, but on occasions the term ‘men’ is used to remain consistent with wording used in research papers. Wherever possible, male data is used but, when not available, data has been used for both males and females for particular population groups or issues where inferences for male health can reasonably be drawn.