- Improved understanding of ways to intervene effectively through innovation involving all sectors, organisations, population groups and methodologies.
- Increased encouragement and application of ‘good practice’ interventions across Australia through dissemination of the learnings from the ‘whole of community’ demonstration areas.
- Improved levels of commitment and investment across Australia through all jurisdictions actively participating in ‘whole of community’ demonstration areas.
Health sector leadership:
- Select, designate and resource at least one ‘whole of community’ demonstration area in each State and Territory (including at least two Indigenous communities) which comprises comprehensive, community-wide interventions that are evaluated.
- Establish a network of demonstration areas, and through a planned and systematic mechanism actively exchange experiences, opportunities and results.
- Establish a professional support unit and clearinghouse, to provide technical assistance, training, analysis and evaluation of the demonstration areas.
- Initiate a proactive dissemination and professional development strategy to inform policy and interventions, and strengthen capacity throughout the whole of Australia.
Collaboration across sectors:
- Establish mechanisms to disseminate findings to other sectors particularly education and local government.
- Establish a pool of ‘local champions/leaders of good practice’ within demonstration areas to provide local support (eg skills and experiences) to a range of sectors.