Healthy Weight 2008 - Australia's Future - The National Action Agenda for children and young people and their families
Success factors for implementation
Organisations and groups implementing programs should strive to:
- Ensure that strategies and actions are evidence-based.
- Align programs with existing national, state, territory and local plans and strategies.
- Value and build on existing efforts and prevent unnecessary duplication.
- Demonstrate commitment to accountability, efficiency and value for investments.
- Emphasise partnerships across all of Australia, all sectors, and all levels of government.
- Generate new knowledge through innovation, policy and action research and evaluation.
- Recognise that substantial investments of resources are required from both new and existing sources to advance policies, intervention programs, research and monitoring.