Healthy Weight 2008 - Australia's Future - The National Action Agenda for children and young people and their families
Scientific Reference Group
At the inaugural meeting of the Taskforce in March 2003, members agreed to establish a Scientific Reference Group to provide scientific advice to the Taskforce.
The Terms of Reference for the Scientific Reference Group
1. Support the work of the National Obesity Taskforce and in particular provide expert advice to the Taskforce about proposed actions to reduce obesity in Australia.
2. Drawing on the scientific literature and expert opinion, assess these actions in terms of their effectiveness, reach and impact.
3. Consider any risks associated with these actions and the ways in which these actions could be strengthened.
4. Assess the scope to monitor and evaluate the proposed actions in the light of current systems and resources.
5. Provide a confidential report of the assessments and make recommendations to the National Obesity Taskforce within six weeks of receiving the proposed actions.