Healthy Weight 2008 - Australia's Future - The National Action Agenda for children and young people and their families
- Enhanced focus, clear directions and comprehensive policies for the prevention of overweight and obesity across Australia.
- Enhanced infrastructure and networking mechanisms for collaborative problem solving and sharing of resources across Australia.
- Strengthened capacity of governments, Non-government organisations, industry, professionals and the community to promote healthy weight.
Health sector leadership:
- Develop and disseminate healthy weight resources to community members who are in a position to influence healthy eating and active living behaviours, such as parents, teachers, child care workers, health professionals, Indigenous leaders, sports managers, caterers, manufacturers and employers.
- Establish a new national leadership development program for obesity prevention including strong Indigenous participation.
- Support relevant professional networks that can assist in the dissemination of ‘good practice’, including specific assistance for Indigenous health, education and other sector workers.
Collaboration across sectors:
- Seek the support, commitment and cooperation of all levels of government, the private sector, non-government organisations and the public for national crosssectoral action to tackle obesity.
- Encourage and support key workers and organisations to lead by example as champions for healthy weight.