Text box 10: Indigenous Australians guidance from AHMPPI 2008
- Operational objective 2: Minimise transmission.
- 2.3 Slow the spread in the community.
- 2.4 Vaccinate the population to protect individuals and control the pandemic.
- Operational objective 3: Optimise the health system to reduce mortality and morbidity.
- 3.2 Establish and maintain influenza-specific services.
- Slow the spread of disease in the community and minimise the number of people affected by the disease.
- Vaccinate the population to protect individuals and control the pandemic
- The health sector is responsible for decision making on Indigenous health issues.