$480,000 of New Funding to Help Close the Gap in Northern Qld
Warren Snowdon, the Minister for Indigenous Health has visited the Stagpole Street Drug and Rehabilitation Unit in Townsville to announce nearly $480,000 in new funding to the Congress Community Development Education Unit Ltd (CCDEU).
View by date:Previous Ministers
PDF printable version of $480,000 of New Funding to Help Close the Gap in Northern Qld (PDF 14 KB)
4 May 2011
Warren Snowdon, the Minister for Indigenous Health, yesterday visited the Stagpole Street Drug and Rehabilitation Unit in Townsville, announcing nearly $480,000 in new funding to the Congress Community Development Education Unit Ltd (CCDEU).
“I am very pleased to announce approval of:
- $282,000 for urgently needed upgrades to be undertaken at CCDEU’s existing 30 bed-drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation facility in Townsville; and
- $198,000 for important enhancements to IT and transport infrastructure to support expanded service delivery.”
CCDEU is a key provider of health, substance use, aged care and education services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples from across the North Queensland and Torres Strait regions.
Mr Snowdon said the funding would assist with closing the life expectancy gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
For more information, contact Mr Snowdon’s office (02) 6277 7820
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.