The RHMT Programme is designed to encourage the recruitment and retention of rural and remote health professionals by:
- providing effective rural training experiences for health students;
- developing an evidence base for the efficacy of rural training strategies in delivering rural health workforce outcomes;
- supporting rural health professionals to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health;
- increasing the number of rural origin health and medical students; and
- maximising the investment of programme funds in rural, regional and remote areas for the maintenance of well supported academic networks to enhance the delivery of training to students to support the provision of medical services to communities.
The RHMT programme also incorporates funding support for Flinders University to operate the Northern Territory Medical Programme and the Indigenous Transition Pathways to Medicine Programme.
Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) Programme 2016 – 2018
For more information on the Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training Programme, please email email@example.com