Aged Care Nursing Scholarships
The Government supports the aged care sector through the funding of training, workforce development and specialist workforce activities. As part of this commitment 395 undergraduate scholarships, 310 postgraduate scholarships (including continuing professional development) and 10 nurse practitioner scholarships are being offered to develop career pathways for workers in aged care
Applications opened on 1 July 2011.
Undergraduate scholarships are available for:
- Students with a demonstrated commitment to a nursing career with a focus on aged care. These scholarships provide financial assistance of up to $5,000 per semester to a maximum of $30,000.
Postgraduate scholarships are available for:
- registered nurses undertaking postgraduate certificates, diplomas, masters or honours level study at an Australian tertiary institute. These scholarships provide financial assistance of up to:
- $15,000 a year for up to two years full time study; or
- $7,500 per year for up to four years for part time study.
- registered nurses and enrolled nurses working within the aged care sector to attend short courses conferences or workshops for continuing professional development. These scholarships provide financial assistance of up to:
- $5,000 per short course/workshop; and
- $3,000 per applicant for conference attendance.
- former registered or enrolled nurses whose registration has lapsed and who are intending to participate in nurse re-entry studies. These scholarships provide financial assistance of up to:
- $6,000 covering a two year period.
Nurse Practitioner scholarships are available for:
- Registered nurses undertaking study towards endorsement as a nurse practitioner. These scholarships provide financial assistance of up to $7,500 per semester to a maximum of $30,000.
Who Can ApplyThese scholarships are available to Australian citizens or permanent residents who are currently working in the aged care sector, or in the case of undergraduate or re-entry studies, applicants who demonstrate a commitment to aged care.
Scholarships are available to applicants to undertake a course at an Australian tertiary institute or to broaden their skills by undertaking a short course, conference or workshop.
Applications for the scholarships opened on 1 July 2011 and will close on 1 September 2011. Interested applicants should contact the Royal College of Nursing Australia on 1800 116 696 or download information packs at Royal College of Nursing Australia or email RCNA Scholarhips.
Top of page