The overview factsheets outline some of the key changes adopted to improve patient care, help modernise the MBS, and see the MBS improves its focus on clinical best practice.
- Medicare Benefits Schedule Review Statement from the Chair
- Addressing variations in billing of medical consultations
- Reducing unnecessary bone densitometry testing
- Consistent billing for tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Ensuring appropriate use of gastroenterology MBS services
- Reducing unnecessary spinal x-rays
- Increasing the rebate based on procedure not practitioner
- Supporting better quality and greater access to obstetric services
- Better access to aftercare arrangements for patients
Detailed factsheets on all changes can be found at mbsonline.
For more information on individual recommendations presented to Government you can see the reports from the Taskforce recommendations to Government.
Previous Government response to recommendations:
Government response to obsolete items tranche #1 – announced in the 2016-17 Budget: