As a BMP Scheme doctor you can choose where you work, and for whom you work, when undertaking the RoSP obligation. The only requirement is that you work in a District of Workforce Shortage (DWS) (other than an Inner Metropolitan Area), or in a Modified Monash Model (MMM) category 4-7 location.
Once you know a location where you would like to work, using the address of the practice check the locator map at DoctorConnect for the DWS status. If the location is currently listed as a DWS for GPs in an area other than an Inner Metropolitan area then a Medicare Provider Number will be issued to you and you can work in that location.
You can also use the locator map at DoctorConnect to check the MMM category. If the location is in MMM category 4-7, you are able to work there. You will need to notify the BMP team of your intention to work in such a location.
- Return of Service Obligation
- Return of Service Period: Eligible Locations
- Pre-Vocational Training
- District of Workforce Shortage
- GP vocational training
- Specialist (non-GP) Vocational Training
- Specialist (non-GP) once practising
- Eligible Training Application Form
- Tenure Application Form
- DoctorConnect Website
- Modified Monash Model
- Bonded Medical Places (BMP) Scheme - summary
- BMP - Contact Information