Health workforce links
Links to websites that may contain useful information for those working, or interested in working, as a health professional in Australia.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Registered Training Organisation National Network (ATSIHRTONN) (external) - a network of community controlled registered training organisations.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Association (ATSIHWA) (external) - the recruitment and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers in Australia.
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) (external) - a website providing information on the national scheme.
- Australian Indigenous Doctors' Association (AIDA) (external) - advocates improvements in Indigenous health in Australia and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to work in medicine.
- Bush Crisis Line (external) - provides psychological support to health practitioners and their families in remote areas.
- Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurses (CATSIN) (external) - promotes the recruitment and retention of Indigenous peoples in nursing.
- DoctorConnect (external) - a starting point for overseas trained doctors who may be considering work in Australia and for employers seeking to recruit them.
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia (IAHA) (external) - advocates for knowledge and competencies of Indigenous allied health practitioners working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their communities.
- LIME Network (external) - a network to ensure the quality and effectiveness of teaching and learning of Indigenous health in medical education and curricula as well as best practice in the recruitment and retention of Indigenous medical students.
- NurseInfo (external) - a comprehensive directory of information on nursing and midwifery in Australia.
- Rural and Regional Health Australia (external) - Rural and Regional Health Australia provides a single source of information and advice to the public about needs, policies and access to health and aged care services in remote, rural and regional Australia, via a freecall 1800 number, website and an email contact function.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare publications (AIHW) (external) - select subject: Health and welfare labour force
- eHealth – the personally controlled electronic health record system (external)
- eHealth record Learning Centre for healthcare professionals (external)
- Health Workforce Australia (HWA) (external)
- yourHealth (external)