The Department of Health uses social media to share links and information about health policies and programs. Questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable use policyWe welcome comments on our social media pages and suggest that you apply common sense when making them. At the same time you should show courtesy and respect to others and must not use the space to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for unlawful purposes.
Moderation guidelinesThe Department of Health reserves the right to enforce this acceptable use policy at its discretion. While user generated comments are not edited, to ensure a positive experience for visitors of social media sites and the broader community, the Department of Health may report or remove at its discretion any content or comments containing spam, profanity, or otherwise objectionable or prohibited material. The Department of Health may also block or delete you as a user if it considers that that you have breached this policy.
The Department of Health expects that you:
- do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts to the wall (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- do represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- do not be abusive, harass or threaten others; do not make defamatory or libelous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language; do not use obscene or offensive language
- do not post material to the wall that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not post multiple versions of the same view to the wall or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the wall; do not post overtly party political comments
- do not include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your post to the wall
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- do not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- and do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
PrivacyThe Department of Health is not responsible, liable for and does not endorse the privacy practices of social media platforms or any websites that are linked from them. Your use of social media and any linked websites is at your own risk.
The Department of Health may record information posted to social media accounts and use that information for administrative purposes, for record keeping and for considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify people except where requested and authorised by law.
Visit the Department of Health's website for our full privacy statement. If you have any queries, concerns or require further information relating to privacy and the Department please contact us by one of the means described on our contact web page.
DisclaimerThe department does not endorse, and is not accountable for, any views expressed by third parties using social media sites. The views expressed by individual officers, employees, or agents of the department and its outsourced services, and by any contributors to its social media pages are those of the individual sender.
The department disclaims all liability from those views and recommends users seek appropriate independent professional advice prior to relying on, or entering into any commitment based on these views. Unless acknowledged as being endorsed by the department, views expressed are not those of the department.
Views expressed on pages and accounts by anyone other than the Department of Health are not the views of the Department and the Department disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-Department content.
- The Department does not endorse or control any advertising that may be displayed on their accounts and pages.
- The Department reserves the right to remove comments at its sole discretion based on the Acceptable use policy.
- The Department strives to review the content of this page on a regular basis. However, there may be times when offensive comments (that do not meet the Acceptable use policy) appear on the page before they can be removed.
- The information on this page is current at the time of publication.