The Quality Use of Pathology Committee (QUPC) is responsible for overseeing the Quality Use of Pathology Programme (QUPP) and providing advice in relation to strategic directions and projects implemented under the programme.
The QUPC is comprised of nominees from the pathology profession, medical profession, consumer groups, educational institutions and representatives from the Department of Health. Members and their organisations are listed below.
|Dr Michael Harrison||Chair|
|A/Prof Beverley Rowbotham||Australian Medical Association|
|Dr Andrew Hutchison||Australian Medical Association|
|Ms Valerie Hanrahan||Consumers Health Forum of Australia|
|Ms Mary Potter||Consumers Health Forum of Australia|
|Assistant Secretary PCP Branch||Department of Health|
|Prof Peter Smith||Medical Deans Australia and New Zealand|
|Prof Paul Monagle||National Coalition of Public Pathology|
|Dr Daniel Owens||Royal Australasian College of Physicians|
|Dr Cameron Martin||Royal Australian College of General Practitioners|
Secretariat support for the QUPC is provided by the Pathology Quality Section of the Primary Care and Pathology Branch.
Role of the QUPCEach member is appointed on the basis of their individual skills, knowledge and expertise. Their role is to provide advice to the Department of Health on issues relating to the QUPP.
QUPC Terms of ReferenceThe Terms of Reference for the QUPC are to:
- oversee and provide advice to Government in relation to strategic directions and proposed projects and initiative under the QUPP;
- provide advice to assist the Department with the QUPP funding allocation in line with QUPP priorities and the objectives of the Pathology Funding Agreement (PFA);
- provide commentary on QUPP potential projects/initiatives, project applications, and on completed projects/initiatives;
- assist the Department and the Pathology Agreement Advisory Committee (PAAC) with the evaluation of QUPP investment to date; and to
- adopt and maintain a comprehensive and effective communication strategy to promote awareness of the quality use of pathology both within and outside of the pathology industry and profession.
The contact details for the QUPC Secretariat are as follows:
Pathology Quality Section
Department of Health
GPO Box 9848 (MDP 951)
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: 02 6289 8131
Fax: 02 6289 4028
Email: QUPP Inbox